Wyoming Rising Guidelines for written contributions
Wyoming Rising welcomes calendar items, guest editorials, and news articles on local issues. Written contributions should align with Wyoming Rising’s mission: to advocate for civil liberties, quality public education, affordable health care, protection of the environment, and participation in government.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting content.
Calendar items must include:
What and when (of course). Full address of event. Name of organizer. Organizer’s website and event website if available. Items should be submitted at least one week before the event.
- Between 400 and 1,000 words.
- Include a headline.
- Your name will be published as author. No anonymous editorials can be accepted.
- If quotes or facts are included please include the references as links within your editorial.
- Please proofread carefully for typing and grammatical errors.
- Photographs and links to more information make the post more interesting for readers. We encourage you to include them.
- We reserve the right to edit for length and to verify your references, but you will have the opportunity to approve any edits before publication.
- Between 150 and 400 words.
- Review your information. Does it answer Who? What? Where? When? Why? How?
- Put important facts at the beginning of the article. The rest of the article explains and expands.
- Write concisely, stay focused on the topic, don’t use flowery language, or unnecessary information.
- Articles should be practical, informal, accurate, and informative.
- Whenever possible, photographs, illustrations, images from websites, etc., should accompany article submissions. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to use graphic materials. A brief caption and credit (if appropriate) should be provided for all images submitted.
- We reserve the right to edit to standardize style or improve clarity.
Calendar items, editorials, and news items must be submitted electronically as the body of an email, rather than attachment. Your phone number and full name must be included in case we need to contact you. Send to the Wyoming Rising website editor at E-mail: email@example.com
We reserve the right to refuse submissions that do not follow these guidelines.